GUARANTEE & care
The House of Orion is committed to creating excellent quality, long-lasting products.
We pride ourselves on tried and tested techniques of artisanal jewellery making, that is jewellery entirely made by hand, with excellent quality materials. Our jeweller is fully qualified and is a fellow of the Australian Gold & Silversmith Guild.
We guarantee the workmanship, materials and gemstone.
We do not provide a guarantee against damage, wear and tear.
Be mindful that coloured gemstones are softer than diamonds, and can chip or scratch more easily. A hard knock on a particular angle can cause significant damage to the gemstone. Care should be taken when wearing your jewellery. Please note that it is designed to be worn face up.
We recommend that you store your jewellery in a safe place when engaging in these activities:
– Household chores such as cleaning, preparing meals or doing the dishes;
– Outdoor chores such as gardening or any manual labour;
– Showering, bathing, swimming in pools, hot tubs, hot springs and the ocean;
– Using lotion, hair products, fragrances and other cosmetics; or
– Exercising at the gym or during contact sports.
Damage often occurs at:
– Concerts when people are clapping;
– Football games when people are slapping the fence;
– The gym lifting weights; and
– Going from very hot to very cold water (causing thermal shock damage).
Maintenance of jewellery
To clean your gemstone, a soft toothbrush and warm soapy water is sufficient. Our designs typically allow you to clean underneath the setting of the stone quite easily. A jewellery cleaning cloth can be used to gently restore the precious metal’s polish and shine.
Professional cleaning by your local jeweller, along with an inspection of your jewellery can be useful once every year.
We expect that your piece of jewellery may need maintenance work from normal wear and tear every 5 – 10 years, depending how much you wear it and how careful you are with it.
Repairs or resizing
Should your piece of House of Orion jewellery require any repair work or resizing, we are happy to provide a quote after an inspection of your jewellery.
If you would like more information about the way our products are created, or if you have any concerns about your piece of House of Orion jewellery, please email us at email@example.com.
Lovingly made in Mornington Peninsula, Australia